You Are My Cup Of Tea
For your perfect cup of tea! Everyone likes theirs in their own special way so this is the perfect gift for your tea-loving nearest and dearest.
The You Are My Cup Of Tea gift box contains 20 whole leaf Baby, It’s Cold Outside Chai tea bags which is delicious as a hot cuppa but also in these Chai Carrot Cake Swirl Bars:
125g self raising flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Chai teabag, contents ground
200g caster sugar
175ml vegetable oil
175g carrot, finely grated
60g chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Icing:
110g cream cheese
50g softened butter or margarine
275g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, so that’s the flour, cinnamon, ground Chai tea leaves and sugar.
2. Add the oil and eggs then whisk until blended. Then stir in the finely grated carrots and chopped walnuts.
3. For the cream cheese swirls, cream together softened butter, cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth.
4. Put a thin layer of batter into the bottom of a lined rectangular baking tray then alternating with batter and cream cheese icing, spoon dollops of each mixture into the tray. Then swirl the cream cheese mixture into the carrot cake batter with a knife or skewer.
5. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees, until a knife comes out clean.
6. Leave the cake to cool on a wire rack before slicing into portions. Once cooled completely, remove it from the baking tin and store in an airtight container… or enjoy a slice or two straight away!