Northern Brew is a Ceylon tea, a black tea which is particularly suited to the hard water generally found up north. We love this tea for its smooth, rich full-bodied flavour. But don’t worry, a good quality Ceylon tea like Northern Brew tastes lush wherever you drink it. Northern Brew *Teabags are caffeinated for a little boost and this cup of tea can be enjoyed with a splash of milk.
Invite your friends to enjoy this full-bodied tea at a tea party, or why not incorporate this good quality tea into your afternoon tea!
If you can spare a Northern Brew tea bag or two, try using them in our Ceylon Tea Chocolate Truffles recipe shown below!
You can also get Northern Brew as one of our Mum’s Tea Gift Boxes for a lovely tea present.
Ceylon Tea Chocolate Truffles
To make your own Ceylon Tea Infused Chocolate Truffles, you will need:
240ml double cream
225g dark chocolate
2 Northern Brew tea bags
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cocoa powder for dusting
How to make Ceylon Tea Chocolate Truffles with Northern Brew Tea:
1. Heat the cream in a saucepan until it begins to bubble. Take it off the heat, add the mint tea bags, cover and let the tea steep for 10 minutes.
2. After the tea has infused for 10 minutes, squeeze the bags against the side and remove them. Bring the cream back to the boil and then pour it over the chocolate and stir. Using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until it’s smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract here too.
3. Cover and cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Once the truffle mixture is firm enough to scoop, portion it into equal sized balls using 2 teaspoons and roll them between your palms to shape. Roll them in cocoa powder and then arrange them on a lined baking tray.
5. Store the truffles in the fridge until ready to serve.
Know someone with a sweet tooth? Pair your two favourite teas with a pack of biscuits in a Tea Gift Bag!
Explore our other tea recipes and get inspiration from our blog.