On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me… Mint Chocolate Truffles!
Day 5 of the 12 Days Of Tea and I think it’s time to bring on the mint tea! (After all it is Proper Mint). As we’ve discovered from the TeaShed Mint Tea & Biscuit tea shed, mint and chocolate is a combination that will never let you down. Mint Tea Chocolate Truffles will go down a treat with afternoon tea or for festive 3 o’clocks. Keeping in true Christmas spirit these truffles are decorated with crushed peppermint candy canes. De-lish! This compliments the peppermint and spearmint blend of TeaShed Proper Mint Tea and adds a little festive flare.
Our Proper Mint Tea is marvellous around Christmas time as it not only has a lovely taste but also many health benefits that will protect you against the winter cold. These include decongestant properties, digestive health and stress reduction. Read more about magical mint tea here on our blog post.
240ml double cream
225g dark chocolate
2 Proper Mint Tea tea bags
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cocoa powder for dusting
1. Heat the cream in a saucepan until it begins to bubble. Take it off the heat, add the mint tea bags, cover and let the tea steep for 10 minutes.
2. After the tea has infused for 10 minutes, squeeze the bags against the side and remove them. Bring the cream back to the boil and then pour it over the chocolate and stir. Using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until it’s smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract here too.
3. Cover and cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
4. Once the truffle mixture is firm enough to scoop, portion it into equal sized balls using 2 teaspoons and roll them between your palms to shape. Roll them in cocoa powder and sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top (chop or give them a quick blitz in a food processor), then arrange them on a lined baking tray.
5. Store the truffles in the fridge until ready to serve.
Challenge: Try not to eat them all at once!
TEAm TeaShed xx