How to make bubble tea at home
Our handy guide on how to make bubble tea at home using our quick and easy bubble tea kits. Read on to learn more about bubble tea too!
Now that we have some delicious bubble tea powders on The TeaShed website I thought it’d be a good time to write a guide for how to make bubble tea! Bubble tea is a Taiwanese creation and is also known as boba tea or pearl tea. It usually comes in the form of a milky tea with tapioca pearls but variation include adding fruit or flavoured jellies. Our PopaBall bubble tea kits come with enough supplies for 3 drink servings and include bubble tea powder, tea leaves, bursting bubbles and chunky straws. You can choose from 9 different bursting juice bubble flavours and a wide range of powder flavours including honeydew melon, raspberry and match green tea.
How to make bubble tea, 1 serving:
1. Using the ingredients from your bubble tea party kit, steep 1 teabag in a measuring jug with 150ml of water which is hot but not boiling. Using water that is about 80 degrees C is best as boiling water will make green tea develop a bitter, astringent taste which we definitely don’t want! Let this brew for at least 3 minutes.
2. Add the tea into a bubble tea shaker. Spoon in a third of the bubble tea powder from the pack and stir.
3. Next measure 50ml of milk, 100ml of cold water and add to the tea mixture along with a couple of ice cubes.
4. Secure the lid of the bubble tea shaker and shake, shake shake!
5. Add a third of a tub of PopaBall boba bubbles into a bubble tea plastic cup, fix on the dome lid and enjoy using a bubble tea chunky straw!
Pretty straight forward, right? Now you have no excuse but to have some bubble tea every day (hehe)! Explore our bursting bubbles and powders under the ‘Bubble Tea’ tab on our website and get some recipe ideas and inspiration from our blog as well as the PopaBall recipe page.
There’s lots of room for you to use your creative flare so have some fun and share you creations with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We are now also on Pinterest so you can go get some inspiration from our boards!
love TEAm TeaShed xx